Sep 29, 2009

Take a Walk

With gas prices the way they are these days you never know if they are up or down. Either way if you walk more you'll save money and get fit in the process. I've just recently started walking to the Post Office to get my mail everyday (Those of us who live in rural areas don't have mail boxes right out front of our house!) Luckily the Bank and grocery store are both close to the Post Office for me so I'll walk to those and get errands run if the need arises.
If you are like me and can't afford a gym membership or get one an never use it, then investing in a good pair of walking shoes and walking everywhere could be right for you. If time permits I'll take "the long way" to the Post Office. I like to walk along the town walking path or just a few extra blocks on my way.
What about rain, snow, heat, children... well, get a rain coat, get a thick coat, walk early in the morning and use a stroller!
Well, what are you waiting for? Go out there and get walking!