Jan 31, 2011

Anything Goes Muffins

I'm all about ease in the kitchen and let's face it, sometimes you get a craving for something and don't always have all the ingredients. What do you do? Run to the store or just forget it and eat something else...
I got this great muffin recipe from a friend, its called Anything Goes Muffins. You can substitute so many of the ingredients that you almost never make the same muffins twice.

2 C flour (white or whole wheat)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (opt - but I usually add it because of its great health benefits)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 honey (I've used brown sugar before in a pinch, though I prefer honey)
1 egg beaten
1/4 C oil or yogurt
3/4 C Milk or Juice
1/2 C raisins (craisins or other dried fruit work nicely)
1 C fruit or shredded vegi like zucchini

I mix all wet ingredients then add in all dry ingredients - mix until wet.
Bake at 375 F for 15-20 mins.

Enjoy!